Women in Computing
"ACM-W supports, celebrates, and advocates internationally for the full engagement of women in all aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and services to ACM members and working in the larger community to advance the contributions of technical women." -From Official ACM Mission Statement
Below are UNM WinC ACM-W Chapter Goals:
- The Chapter is organized and will be operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes to promote the following:
- An increased knowledge of and greater interest in the contributions of women in the science, design, development, construction, languages, management, and applications of modern computing.
- Improvement of the learning and working environments of women in computing.
- Increased recruitment and retention of women in computing throughout the pipeline including activities for girls in K-12, undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals.
- Greater interest in computing and its applications.
- A means of communication between persons having an interest in computing and women in computing.
- The Chapter will serve students at University of New Mexico and other interested persons in the community.
- The Chapter is chartered by ACM.